THAILAND'S ENTRY REGULATIONS
**Updated 1 November 2021
From 1 November 2021
- Removal of Quarantine Requirement
- Travellers from Finland and Estonia may enter Thailand without quarantine provided that they are fully vaccinated at least 14 days before travelling and have been in the eligible area for at least 21 consecutive days.
- They must have a fully-paid SHA+ or AQ hotel reservation for 1 night, inclusive of one RT-PCR test.
- They must also have health insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD and negative RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before departure.
- They will have to take an RT-PCR test on the day of arrival and will be allowed to leave the hotel after receiving their negative test result.
- Eligible travellers who have already paid for their 7 or 10 days at SHA+ or AQ hotel may submit their request for refund directly to their hotels.
- New Registration Platform
- On 1 November 2021, the Certificate of Entry (COE) platform will be discontinued. Those wishing to enter Thailand will have to register via the new platform, "Thailand Pass" (http://tp.consular.go.th). They must register through the new platform at least 7 days before departure.
- Instead of COE, travellers will need to show a QR Code generated through the Thailand Pass system upon check-in and arrival in Thailand.
- Those who have already been issued COEs before 1 November 2021 may use their COEs to enter Thailand. There is no need to register again for Thailand Pass.
FROM 1 NOVEMBER 2021, TRAVELLERS ENTERING THAILAND ARE REQUIRED TO PRESENT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
- QR Code generated through Thailand Pass system
- Frequently Asked Questions about Thailand Pass CLICK HERE.
- Certificate of Vaccination
- issued by a government authority, containing personal information of the travellers (name, date of birth, passport number) and information on the vaccine (name, batch number, vaccination dates).
- Without the certificate of vaccination, travellers are required to enter 10-day quarantine at an AQ hotel.
- Accepted vaccines: Sinovac / AstraZeneca / Johnson & Johnson / Pfizer / Moderna /Sinopharm / Sputnik V.
- Combination of different vaccines is accepted provided that the period between the 1st and 2nd dose was in accordance with the period set by the manufacture of the first dose.
- Those infected and have recovered may present certificate of recovery together with evidence of 1 dose of vaccination within 3 months of infection.
- Unvaccinated children under 12 travelling with parents are eligible for TEST & GO programme.
- Unvaccinated children under 18 travelling with parents are eligible for SANDBOX programme.
- Hotel confirmation that meets the requirements of the chosen scheme
- TEST & GO (no quarantine): fully-paid SHA+ or Alternative Quarantine (AQ) hotel reservation for 1 night, inclusive of one RT-PCR test
- SANDBOX (no quarantine but travel limited within designated area for 7 days):
- SHA+ hotel reservation for 7 days, inclusive of 2 COVID-19 tests (one RT-PCR, one AKT), showing evidence of full pre-payment or deposit payment of no-less than 15,000 THB
- Phuket Sandbox requires confirmation in the form of SHABA certificate; appointment and pre-payment for RT-PCR tests have to be made through www.thailandpsas.com
- Samui Sandbox requires confirmation in the form of SAMUI+ PHANGAN, TAO certificate
- ALTERNATIVE QUARANTINE (10-day quarantine): AQ hotel booking for quarantine of 10 days, inclusive of 2 RT-PCR tests, showing evidence of full pre-payment or deposit payment of no-less than 15,000 THB
- For a list of Alternative Quarantine (AQ) hotels, CLICK HERE
- For a list of SHA+ hotels, visit https://www.shathailand.com or https://www.thailandsha.com
- Health insurance in English with a minimum coverage of 50,000 USD (only for non-Thai travellers)
- The insurance should cover the whole intended period of stay in Thailand.
- Travellers may purchase their health insurance which meets Thailand's entry criteria here: http://covid19.tgia.org/
- Negative RT-PCR test result issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
- Valid visa or re-entry permit, unless the travellers are qualified for visa exemption schemes.
Remarks on travelling to Thailand
- To enter Phuket Sandbox/Test & Go, travellers must book their flight to arrive in Phuket directly. Transfer through Bangkok is not possible.
- To enter Samui Sandbox/Test & Go, travellers must book their flight to arrive in Samui directly. Transfer through Bangkok is possible ONLY IF the international flight is connected to Koh Samui through approved sealed flights, route BKK-USM: Flight No. PG5125 / PG5151 or PG5171 For flights to Koh Samui via Bangkok, the ticket must be issued on the same booking with international flight in conjunction with such approved Bangkok-Samui flights.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSIT/TRANSFER PASSENGERS AT SUVARNABHUMI OR DON-MUEANG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Travellers transitting/transferring at Suvarnabhumbi or Don-Mueang International Airport (lay-over time not exceeding 24 hours / check-through luggage only / cannot leave transit area / final destination is outside of Thailand) do not need to apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE), but are required to have the following documents:
- Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR method, which has been certified or issued no more than 72 hours before departure, OR certificate of vaccination showing that the last dose was administration no less than 14 days before the date of departure.
- Travel health insurance covering health care and treatment expenses for COVID-19 disease, or any other guarantee throughout their stay in the Kingdom, with a coverage of no less than 100,000 USD. This requirement (insurance) does not apply to Thai travellers.
THAILAND PASS PRE-TRAVEL REGISTRATION SYSTEM
***The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice***
REMARK: The visa application must be submitted by post not less than 3 weeks prior to the expected date of departure. The Royal Thai Embassy will ONLY consider a complete application and reserves the right to ask for further documentation.
Please note that the Royal Thai Embassy shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any delay in processing or grant or rejection of the visa application of any applicant.