6 Oct 2020
Travelers with STV visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 90 days from the date you arrive Thailand. This permit may be extended while the visitor is in Thailand for a maximum of 2 times (twice only) with a maximum validity of 90 days for each extension. Validity of visa is 90 days.
Step 1 : Required Documents for STV
You can submit the visa application only by post (address: Royal Thai Embassy, Lönnrötinpuistikko 5A2, 00120 Helsinki). Please make sure that the application arrive the embassy at lease 3 weeks before intended date of departure).
1. An Original passport must be valid not less than 12 months of the day of your travel to Thailand, with one (1) copy
2. A completed visa application form (Download here)
3. A recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months
4. An origianl of medical certificate from licenced doctor; Please download the form here. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months.
5. An origianl of certificate of criminal record clearance from country of permanent residence. The certificate must be valid not less than 3 months. More information, please check here : https://www.oikeusrekisterikeskus.fi/fi/index.html
6. A copy of valid medical/health insurance certificate from Thailand indicating that:
6.1 cover at least 90 days (from your arrival date) or the whole period of stay in Thailand
6.2 have medical benefit in Thailand for outpatient must not be less than 40,000 Baht
6.3 have medical benefit in Thailand for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht.
6.4 cover all medical expenditures including COVID-19 at least USD 100,000
(Buy an insurance from a company which has been approved by the Office of Insurance Commission of Thailand, please click)
7. Accommodation reservation:
7.1 In case the applicant or family member owns a condominium, please submit :
7.1.1 A copy of Confirmation of applicant property ownership
OR 7.1.2 a family member’s property ownership (spour and children), please submit an original + a copy of an recent extract from the population information system showing family relationship in Finland (Virkatodistus)/ Estonia in English issued from Notary Public(Maistraatti).
OR 7.2 In case of staying in a hotel, a rental condominium/ house please submit a copy of booking confirmation directly from the hotel at least for 75 days or through the period of staying in Thailand **after 14 days quarantine (ASQ)**, with name, address, contact details and tax payment ID number of the hotel/ leased accommodation AND the bank statement of the applicant showing the balance of 6000 euro every month for the last 6 months in English. The bank statement musts show account owner.
8. Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional document as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason.
9. Visa Fee: 80 € for a Single entry. We accept cash only.
Step 2 : If your STV visa approve, the embassy will contact you by email to apply for COE online. Please click here!
Step 3: You can pick up your passport or the embassy will send you by post if you have a self returened envelop with the application.
Step 4: During flight check-in for departure, the applicant must present the airline officer the followings:
4.1 Certificate of Entry, issued by the Royal Thai Embassy.
4.2 The original COVID-free Health Certificate in English (COVID -19 is not detected and the COVID test must be by RT-PCR method)
4.3 The original “Fit to Fly” doctor’s certificate in English, issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
4.5 Health insurance with a minimum coverage of USD 100,000 for medical treatment expenses of COVID-19 during stay in Thailand.
4.6 Booking confirmation of the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)
4.7 A valid STV visa
Step 5: Upon entry to Thailand, Traveler entering Thailand during the COVID-19 pandemic period must submit a T.8 form upon his/her arrival in the Kingdom of Thailand. (Download T.8 form here or register online through AOT phone application at https://aot-app.kdlab.ai/ )
Step 6: Please note that 14 days before traveling to Thailand, traveler shall avoid being in crowded area or the area which is risky to get infected by COVID-19.