Announcements concerning visa services:
1. Urgent Announcement
updated additional information
Updated regulatories for Thais and foreigners travelling to Thailand
According to the current widespread of COVID -19 situation in Thailand, those (both Thais and foreigners) who will arrive Thailand since 6 May 2021, have to be quarantined at the Alternative State Quarantine Hotel no less than 14 days, including ones who have already received COVID-19 vaccines.
- Travelers who obtain the Certificate of Entry (COE) after 1 May 2021 must be quarantined for no less than 14 days.
- Travelers who receive a COE before 1 May 2021 will be quarantined as follows:
(1) Those arriving in Thailand between 1 - 5 May 2021 will be quarantined as indicated in the COE (7, 10, or 14 days)
(2) Those arriving in Thailand from 6 May 2021 onwards must be quarantined for no less than 14 days.
- Instructions for travelers who have already received approval on Certificate of Entry (COE) before this announcement
(1) The Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) Hotel would contact travelers to extend the reservation for quarantine period as required by the Royal Thai Government. Or travelers could directly contact the hotels by yourself before travelling.
(2) The Certificate of Entry (COE) system would automatically update the period of quarantine to be at least 14 days, that is, there is no need to apply for the new one.
for your convenience while traveling
, travelers are able to download a new COE of which quarantined period has been extended before traveling at coethailand.mfa.go.th
Further information/updated situation would be announced at the earliest opportunities.
As of 03.00 hrs. 30 April 2021
* * * * * * *
** Effective date on 1 April 2021 at 00.01 hrs. (local time in Thailand) **
Requirement on medical certificates to enter to the Kingdom of Thailand
(1) Thai national
- CANCELLATION of the submission of Fit to Fly certificate and RT-PCR COVID-19 Negative certificate
*** Note: all travelers are required to check the airlines’ requirements on medical certification by themselves before departure ***
(2) Foreign national
- CANCELLATION of the submission of Fit to Fly certificate
- REQUIREMENT of the presentation of medical certificate with a laboratory RT-PCR result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, issued no more than 72 hours before departure
However, please check with airlines for further requirements, if any.
2. Under the Declaration of an Emergency Situation, foreigners are allowed to enter Thailand with Certificate of Entry. Helsinki will handle Visa and COE only from holders of Finnish and Estonian passports, and from those who have residence permits in Finland/Estonia.**
The Certificate of Entry (COE) can apply online from this link https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/
3. Please note that travel restrictions are subject to change on a short notice. As a traveller you are always responsible for ensuring that you fulfill the requirements of your destination and possible transit country.
4. Visa can submit only by post to Royal Thai Embassy: Lönnrotin Puistikko 5 A2, 00120 Helsinki (at least 3 weeks before departure)
5. Information about visa and validity of stay permit here.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS TO THAILAND from Finnair website. Please click here.
Visa enquiry can be submitted by e-mail at email@example.com